Hours: See Batting Cage Calendar for Central Athletic Complex
Fees: $15 for 1/2 hour; $25 for 1 hour
- May be made one week in advance online, at the Community Center, or over the phone at 630-690-4880
- Must be made by 3P for the day of the reservation, and 3P Friday for weekend reservations
- On-site reservation availability is not guaranteed
- A maximum of two hours of reservations will be allowed per household each day; reservations may be scheduled back-to-back for one cage or two cages for one hour
- Cancellations must be made by 3P on the day of your reservation, or 3P on the Friday prior to weekend reservations
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
PLEASE NOTE: A coach can reserve both batting cages for one-hour maximum, but cannot reserve the batting cages for more than one hour unless open time is available following scheduled use – or if he/she coaches more than one team. Balls will be provided for Central Athletic Complex. Bring your own helmets and bats.
Central Athletic Complex Cages (3 and 4)
The cages include a manual pitching machine (Baseball and Softball). Speeds on the machines can be adjusted from approximately 47-75mph.
Site supervisor will assist in the following:
- Adjust the height of the pitching machine so that the ball will cross through the strike zone.
- Adjust the speed of the pitching machine for the appropriate age group.
- Move the L-Screen so that it is in front of the pitching machine (Jugs®).
- Instruct the coaches on how to turn on/off the machine.
Coaches are responsible for the following:
- Inspect helmets for safety and make sure they are worn by ALL batters.
- No one under the age of 8 in the cage at any time.
- An L-Screen must be in front of the JUGS® before beginning to hit.
- No “soft toss” or use of tees allowed outside or against the cage. There is a designated net for soft toss or tee work.
- All balls must be picked up and returned to the appropriate bucket or machine.
- Make sure all garbage around the cage area is picked up.
- Only one coach is allowed in the cage while manually feeding the JUGS® Machine.
- Only persons 18 years of age or older can feed the balls in the JUGS® Machine.
Two outdoor batting cages are available, free of charge, on a first-come, first-served basis. Cages may be closed due to inclement weather.
- Hours (April-October): Dawn to Dusk
- Fees: $0