The Wheaton Park District operates batting cages available for reservation at two facilities: Atten Park & Central Athletic Complex.
- Can be made online, in person at the Community Center or over the phone at 630.690.4880.
- May be made one week in advance of the desired day.
- Must be made by 3:00pm for the day of the reservation. On-site reservations are available but can not be guaranteed. (For weekend reservations, they must be made by 3:00pm on Friday)
- Only two hours of reservations will be allowed per household per day.
- Atten Park slots are one-hour time slots and Central Athletic Complex can be either 1/2 hour or one-hour time slots. Back-to-back scheduling is permitted up to two hours for one cage only or both cages for one hour maximum.
- Cancellations must be done by 3:00pm the day of your reservation. (For weekend reservations, they must be cancelled by 3:00pm on Friday)
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Atten Park Cages Only- The Athletic Manager and/or Batting Cage Supervisor may close early or cancel use due to inclement weather.
Central Athletic Complex
PLEASE NOTE: A coach can reserve both batting cages for one hour maximum, but cannot reserve the batting cages for more than one hour unless open time is available following scheduled use - or if he/she coaches more than one team. Balls will be provided for both sites. Bring your own helmets and bats.
Atten Park Cages (1 and 2)
Cages without machines are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The cages include a Two-Wheeled JUGS® Pitching Machine. This is a manual feeding machine, meaning a parent/coach must insert each ball. This machine can pitch both baseballs and softballs. Speeds on this machine can be adjusted from approximately 47mph to approximately 75mph.
Central Athletic Complex Cages (3 and 4)
The cages include automatic Pitching Machines (baseball), a manual Two-Wheeled JUGS® Pitching Machine* (baseball, softball) or a manual One-Wheel JUGS® Pitching Machine* (Softball). Speeds on the machines can be adjusted from approximately 47mph to approximately 75mph.
Site supervisor will assist in the following:
- Adjust the height of the pitching machine so that the ball will cross through the strike zone.
- Adjust the speed of the pitching machine for the appropriate age group.
- Move the L-Screen so that it is in front of the pitching machine (Jugs® or Iron Mike).
- Instruct the coaches on how to turn on/off the machine.
Coaches are responsible for the following:
- Inspect helmets for safety and make sure they are worn by ALL batters.
- No one under the age of 8 in the cage at any time.
- An L-Screen must be in front of the Iron Mike or JUGS® before beginning to hit.
- No “soft toss” or use of tees allowed outside or against the cage. There is a designated net for soft toss or tee work.
- All balls must be picked up and returned to the appropriate bucket or machine.
- Make sure all garbage around the cage area is picked up.
- Only one coach is allowed in the cage while manually feeding the JUGS® Machine.
- Only persons 18 years of age or older can feed the balls in the JUGS® Machine.
Iron Mike Machine
- Coaches are not allowed in the cage while using the Iron Mike (Automatic Machine).
- If the red light is on--do not stand in front of machine, the red light indicates when the machine will be throwing a pitch.
- Please turn the machine off after your last pitch is thrown.